Recently, instead of the faction submitting the draft, organizations engaged in the protection of women’s rights are re-targeted during the heated discussions over the RA draft law about amendments to the RA law on “Equal rights and equal opportunities of women and men”.
Particularly, an attempt is made to justify the draft law over amendments to the law by deforming the activities carried out by the Women’s Resource Center NGO and instigating aggressive attitude towards the organizations and its representatives until the point to voice threats of blowing up the Organization’s office.
There can be no other opinion that the authorities of the Republic of Armenia don’t carry out the commitments undertaken over the elimination of all forms of discrimination and protection of human rights defenders as well as recommendations of international structures.
The inactivity of the authorities over elimination of discrimination is covered up by creating a fake public demand via misinformation, the goal of which is to establish legislative and practical grounds for displaying discrimination failing to realize the dangerousness of the results of such a conduct both for the society and for the state.
By strongly condemning the dissemination of misinformation inciting discriminating and aggressive attitude and the voiced threats,
- We declare that the RA Police is the direct responsible for any encroachments against Women’s Resource Center.
- We demand that by carrying out its obligations, the RA Police should ensure the security of Women’s Resource Center and its staff as well as reveal the identity of those posing threats to the Organization’s staff and separate members.
- Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly – Vanadzor NGO
- Unison NGO
- Journalists for Human Rights NGO
- Women’s Support Center NGO
- Socioscope NGO
- Public Information and Need of Knowledge NGO
- Journalists’ Club “Asparez”
- “Menk +” Social NGO
- Arena of Education NGO
- New Generation humanitarian NGO
- Guarantee Center of Civil Society NGO
- “Borders of our Rights” human rights NGO
- Yerevan Center for Human Rights Protection NGO
- Yerevan Press Club
- Shahkhatun NGO
- Women’s Resource Center NGO
- Helsinki Committee of Armenia NGO
- Protection of Rights without Borders NGO
- Committee for the Protection of Freedom of Speech NGO
- Partnership for Democracy NGO
- Armavir Development Center NGO
- “Rule of Law” Human Rights NGO
- Coalition to Stop Violence against Women
- A. D. Sakharov Armenian Human Rights Centre NGO
- Victims of State Needs NGO
- Martuni Women’s Community Council NGO
- Goris Press Club
- Arevamanuk Fund
- Spitak Helsinki Group NGO
- “Agate” center for women with special needs
- Khoran Ard Intelectual Center NGO
- Real World, Real People NGO
- Society without Violence NGO
- Transparency International Anti-corruption Center
- Democracy Today NGO
- ProMedia-Gender NGO